Living New Haven-Style
- Right downtown, you’ll find all kinds of trendy apartments with amenities including pools, 24-hour gyms, clubhouses and more. At 360 State, a high-rise with amazing city views, you’ll have round-the-clock concierge service and an on-site organic grocery store. At Winchester Lofts, you can enjoy high-end living within a renovated 1870s factory. No wonder three-fourths of New Haven residents rent. Plus, a 5-minute walking commute is not uncommon for those who live downtown.
- New Haven is known for its affordable cost of living, with 28 percent of millennials able to afford a house here, according to a study conducted by the U.S. Census Bureau.
- For a bustling city, New Haven’s got a ton of parks and green spaces where you can enjoy a little slice of nature.
- If you consider yourself a foodie, New Haven has a vibrant restaurant scene with over 120 restaurants, of which 56 are Zagat-rated.
- For easy, eco-friendly, car-free travel, this bike-friendly city offers routes and a cycling advocacy community.
- New Haven also has access to numerous public transportation services, including CTtransit and Union Station.