Connecticut has awesome record stores open year-round that offer extensive archives, special vinyl, and knowledgeable staff to suit the diverse tastes of their customers. So pop on a playlist and hit the road for a sonic adventure. Here are a few you’ll want to check out.
- Music Outlet (Enfield) Independently operating since 1984 and offering special orders for hard-to-find records.
- CBug’s Records (East Windsor) Recently expanded to house thousands of records including rock, punk, jazz, funk, and more.
- Redscroll Records (Wallingford) Focusing on the underground, underappreciated music of the world. Check out the podcast!
- Replay Records (Hamden) Operating since 1989 selling used vinyl, cassettes, and CDs.
- Johnny’s Records (Darien) Nurturing a quirky environment where music, history, and imagination meet.
- The Archive (Bridgeport) Buying and selling movies, music, and more.
- Static Era Records (Milford) Carrying new and used vinyl, accessories, and new and vintage music merchandise.
- Merle’s Record Rack (Orange) Celebrating 56 years of business and offering turntables and stereo repair.
- Exile on Main Street (Branford) Stocking new and used rock vinyl including indie, classic, metal, and jam bands.
- Tumbleweeds Record Store (Niantic) Mixing vintage vinyl with an eco-friendly take on new products.
- The Telegraph (New London) Curating a collection of vinyl punk, reggae, rap, rock, country, folk, blues, and jazz.
- Mystic Disc (Mystic) Stocking bins with new, used, and rare quality LPs and CDs of all genres.
- Records, The Good Kind (Vernon) Bringing in new LPs daily, and always buying used CDs, records, and tapes.
- Newbury Comics (Manchester & Danbury) Stocking records with a focus on independent artists alongside comics and pop culture goods.
- Willimantic Records (Willimantic) Buying and selling used records, and hosting art shows, lectures, and live music events.
- Revolution Records (Torrington) Carrying a wide range of vinyl from Country to Metal, with rare finds and new releases to discover.
- Gerosa Records (Brookfield) Tripling the size of the new releases section to accommodate all the recently collected fresh vinyl.
- Disc & Dat (Bethel) Specializing in new and used vinyl, CDs, and cassettes. Classical to punk rock and everything in between.